Wednesday, November 19, 2008

WHY ARE WE STARTING THIS BLOG ?


I have a son who was diagnosed with dyslexia in 2005.He is Turkish and English.I had to do a lot of my own research on dyslexia because very little is known about this subject here in Turkey. I hope to share with you some of the knowledge I have gained over the last few years with Turkish parents and parents of bi-lingual children , like myself.

Most parents in Turkey have little idea of how they can help their children with this problem.Children may be going to a psychologist or have a private teacher but parents, in addition ,also need to assist their children on a regular basis.I hope that this blog will offer some hints and tips to parents on their long journey with this problem.

As I know from direct experience, when you discover your child has dyslexia you feel upset and alone, especially when you not living in your native country.In Turkey many people are reluctant to talk about this subject openly and to admit their child has dyslexia.As it is- these children are just like any other kids- just they learn differently – they are not stupid or lazy !! .By setting up this blog I hope to bring parents together who are coping with this problem and to share ideas,information and solutions to every-day problems we face with our kids.

No comments: